Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] (no subject)

2003-10-03 10:38:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] (no subject)
From: JLaurie AT csu DOT org (JLaurie AT csu DOT org)
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 08:38:32 -0600
--=_alternative 00506F0987256DB4_=

Timothy,

Add another entry to your schedule tab called something like fullmonthly
and make it identical to your fullweekly except for the retention period
and backup frequency If the times are the same the NBU scheduler will
decide which to run based on the frequency specified.

Jim

>Hi Veritas Users,
>
>I am running Netbackup 3.4.1 on Solaris 8. At the moment, we have a
weekly backup that we keep for >one month but we would like to take the
last backup of the month and save it for six months. Is >there any way to
use the same weekly schedule but simply not reuse the tape and reimport
them into >the catalog if I need to use it?

>Ideally I am looking for a very simple method that does not require the
operator to do anything >different!

>Thanks,
>
>Timothy.

--=_alternative 00506F0987256DB4_=

like fullmonthly and make it identical to your fullweekly except for the
retention period and backup frequency If the times are the same the NBU
scheduler will decide which to run based on the frequency specified.</tt></font>
&gt;<br>
&gt;I am running Netbackup 3.4.1 on Solaris 8. At the moment, we have a
weekly backup that we keep for &gt;one month but we would like to take
the last backup of the month and save it for six months. Is &gt;there any
way to use the same weekly schedule but simply not reuse the tape and reimport
them into &gt;the catalog if I need to use it?<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;Ideally I am looking for a very simple method that does not require
the operator to do anything &gt;different!<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;Thanks,<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;Timothy.<br>