Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Monthly backups

2003-10-03 09:42:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Monthly backups
From: timothy.arnold AT becta.org DOT uk (Timothy Arnold)
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 14:42:49 +0100
Hi Veritas Users,

I am running Netbackup 3.4.1 on Solaris 8. At the moment, we have a weekly
backup that we keep for one month but we would like to take the last backup of
the month and save it for six months. Is there any way to use the same weekly
schedule but simply not reuse the tape and reimport them into the catalog if I
need to use it?

Ideally I am looking for a very simple method that does not require the
operator to do anything different!

Thanks,

Timothy.

--
Please log any support requests you have at http://support.is.becta.org.uk

Timothy Arnold, Server & Network Infrastructure Support Officer, Internet
Services,
Becta, Coventry, CV4 7JJ, UK                      Voice: +44 24 7684 7169
email: timothy.arnold AT becta.org DOT uk                Fax:   +44 24 7641
1418

the system manager.
www.mimesweeper.com