Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpbackupdb from media server

2003-09-30 10:44:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpbackupdb from media server
From: Jesse.Gardner AT storaenso DOT com (Gardner, Jesse)
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 09:44:41 -0500
Until this week, I had been running bpbackupdb as a scheduled task from the
Master server.  This week I'm trying to back up to a tape in a media server.
I've used bpsyncinfo to configure it to use the media server and the correct
tape.  The GUI confirms that Catalog Backup is configured how I want.  When
running bpbackupdb from the Master Server, I get an error "Cannot find NB
database backup record for host <master server>".

I tried running bpbackupdb on the media server, and the job kicked off, and
took roughly as long as it should.  **I was just to be assured that it is
backing up the master server catalog, and not the media server volume
database or anything like that.**

Thanks,
Jesse