Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] What's the problem with RH9 and NB 4.5??

2003-09-26 14:03:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] What's the problem with RH9 and NB 4.5??
From: crhea AT mayo DOT edu (Cris Rhea)
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 13:03:25 -0500 (CDT)
What's the deal with NB 4.5 not supporting RedHat 9?

It fails with a media manager error. This used to work fine
(without the fix for >2GB files) back in 3.2...

All I've gotten out of Veritas Support is "RH 9 isn't on the supported
matrix".  Pretty lame answer for a release that's been out since March.

I've confirmed with my TAM and SE that it will be fixed in the next
service pack (scheduled for December) and NB 5.

What's the technical problem?? Why so long to fix something that
seems fairly simple?

(Backing up through another system running RH 8 via NFS is going to really
suck for 0.5TB of data....)

--- Cris

--
 Cristopher J. Rhea                     Mayo Foundation
 Research Computing Facility             Pavilion 2-25