Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup 5.0 - quick feature overview

2003-09-25 00:01:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 5.0 - quick feature overview
From: robert AT softsource.com DOT sg (Robert Loh)
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 12:01:38 +0800

------_=_NextPart_001_01C38319.BC03A0A2

-----Original Message-----
From: Donaldson, Mark [mailto:Mark.Donaldson AT experianems DOT com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2003 12:20 AM
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

Here's a quick list, pulled from a Veritas presentation last week.  Caveat
emptor, this is pre-release info & subject to change:

# Checkpoint restart for backups
Allows failed or suspended backup to be restarted.  UNIX & Windows policy
types only.

-> I would like to see if a backup stream failed, it can allow to resume
backup from the point of failure, no re-starting the whole backup stream
again. For example if I backup 5GB of data, at the point of 4.9GB written
and client get rebooted or other, the backup failed. I can start or manual
start just to backup another 0.1GB. That will be fantastic right :)

Cheers..
Robert

------_=_NextPart_001_01C38319.BC03A0A2

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2650.12">
<TITLE>RE: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 5.0 - quick feature overview</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<BR>
<BR>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>From: Donaldson, Mark [<A =
HREF=3D"mailto:Mark.Donaldson AT experianems DOT com">mailto:Mark.Donaldson@exp=
erianems.com</A>]</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2003 12:20 AM</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 5.0 - quick feature =
overview</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Here's a quick list, pulled from a Veritas =
presentation last week.&nbsp; Caveat</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>emptor, this is pre-release info &amp; subject to =
change:</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2># Checkpoint restart for backups</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Allows failed or suspended backup to be =
restarted.&nbsp; UNIX &amp; Windows policy</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>types only.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>-&gt; I would like to see if a backup stream failed, =
it can allow to resume backup from the point of failure, no re-starting =
the whole backup stream again. For example if I backup 5GB of data, at =
the point of 4.9GB written and client get rebooted or other, the backup =
failed. I can start or manual start just to backup another 0.1GB. That =
will be fantastic right :)</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Cheers..</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Robert</FONT>
</P>