Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Upgrade Media Server

2003-09-24 09:19:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Upgrade Media Server
From: scoob AT look DOT ca (scoob AT look DOT ca)
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 09:19:27 -0400 (EDT)
My V3.41 NBU environment  consists of  a  Master server on Solaris 2.6
and a media server on an NT4 box. I need to upgrade the NT4 to Win2000.
So far I have installed Win2000 and NBU 3.41 on the same type of
hardware as my production NT4 media server.

My plan is to stop the NBU services on the NT4 machine, copy over the
databases (media & volmgr) to W2K ,  move my tape library over then
reboot to let W2K detect the library and drives before I start the NBU
services. The server will have a new 'computer name' in our 2000 domain
but the NBU client name would be the same as it was on the NT4 box.

I was just wondering if anybody sees a problem with this approach. I
have never moved the DB's before and I am wondering how the master
server will handle the drive and robotics.

THX.

Ghislain Pelletier
Via Rail Canada
Information Services