Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Problem when IP changed for Backup Server

2003-09-24 01:07:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Problem when IP changed for Backup Server
From: ramanan_r AT sifycorp DOT com (Ramanan R)
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 10:37:50 +0530
Hi,
    My backup Server has got 2 NIC. Both legs behind firewall and one of
them meant for taking local server on the same LAN and doesnt have GW. While
other does have GW and inside interface of Firewall to take backup of all
outside segments and other Servers in DMZ.

For one of the Outside Server, i am not able to take backup at all. This
Server is connected to one of the Backbone router Ethernet
Segment and other Leg of the Router is connecting to Outside interface of
the Firewall. We have checked all the conduits and routes
and everything is fine. But backup doesnt happen. What could be the problem?
Any Suggestions?

To Isolate Pix and Backbone Router problems and routes and Conduits, all
these stuffs, we planned to move one leg to the Same LAN segment, where the
server is placed. but whenever i change the IP of the NIC which doesnt have
an GW, the Backup Services dont start.

Its mainly the Netbackup Request manager Service that doesnt start. It stops
and gives a error message. It also gives and WIN32 Exit Code as
1066. Kindly do let me know, why is this happening?

regards,
ramanan
Network Engineer,
Sify, Chennai,