Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SAN Bridge Problem and NetBackup

2003-09-22 09:46:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SAN Bridge Problem and NetBackup
From: pawilhelm AT davidson DOT edu (Wilhelm, Patrick)
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 09:46:38 -0400
We have definitely seen similar behavior with HP skinned Crossroad FC/SCSI
bridge.  At the beginning of our implementation it was devastating, causing
backup to crash approx. every three days.  A firmware upgrade corrected what
was identified as a buffer issue.  Then we were in a similar position as
described with failures every other week or so.  At that point no additional
firmware upgrades were available, so scripted to have our three bridges reboot
nightly prior to our backups starting.  This seem to make our situation much
more stable. We have upgraded firmware on the bridges since then, but have been
reluctant to stop the reboots.

Patrick Wilhelm
Davidson College - ITS
704-894-2569