Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Problems loading drivers for tape library

2003-09-21 19:56:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Problems loading drivers for tape library
From: Andrew.Prince AT Quantum DOT com (Andrew Prince)
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 17:56:54 -0600
Hi David:

If this is not the original server the library was connected to, you might
want to verify the SCSI flavor used. Most likely the L1000 is Differential
aka High Voltage Differential (HVD). Check what it says on the back near the
SCSI connector, it will say Diff or SE (for Single Ended). This series of
library does not come in LVD flavors...

Next thing to verify is the terminator on the library and cable connections,
as well as the cables themselves.

If you've done this already, I suggest you call Sun and open a service call
on it and get the SCSI bus of the library checked out.

TTFN
Andrew Prince
Quantum
Storage Solutions Group