Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RE: OTM vs VSP (veritas snapshot provider)

2003-09-19 11:28:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RE: OTM vs VSP (veritas snapshot provider)
From: stefanos AT performance DOT gr (Stefanos Monovasios)
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 18:28:38 +0300 (EEST)
I vote for FP5

>From my experience I can imagine that with FP3 veritas had rewrite the
hole netbackup from scratch .I think that is by far better product than
MP.

My opinion is that veritas doesn't change the name of the product to 4.6
because version 5 is on the way and they want to save themselves from
upgrades (if VS1 and VS2 customers see that there is an upgrade maybe they
want it).

VSP is in the first days of its life and it is certain that it have
problems. Note that most of veritas help desk are in the same position as
us, they don't know VSP yet.(I had to find myself that error 000003e7 is
for disk full, I still don't know what error 0x0000070 is for.)

I now install to my customers only FP5 master and media servers. For
client I use FP5 but if I'm having problem with VSP I install MP5.(for me
only 5% of clients have problem with VSP).

Stefanos

PS OTM doesn't work with WIN3K