Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Can I change retention period of existing backups

2003-09-19 09:50:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Can I change retention period of existing backups
From: ssesar AT mitre DOT org (Steven L. Sesar)
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 09:50:58 -0400
Yup Use 'bpretlevel'

/export/home/m29338 > bpretlevel --
bpretlevel: unrecognized option --
USAGE: bpretlevel [-s|-l|-L|-U] [-M master_server,...]
       bpretlevel {-r level period} | -d
           [-M master_server,...]

       -s
           Short listing
       -l
           Condensed listing
       -L
           Long listing
       -U
           User listing
       -r level period
           Change the retention period for a retention level
               Valid values for level:
                   0..24
               Valid values for period:
                   <#days> day|days|d
                   <#weeks> week|weeks|w
                   <#months> month|months|m
                   <#years> year|years|y
                   infinite|infinity|i
       -d
           Restore default retention periods for all retention levels

--
===================================

  Steven L. Sesar
  Senior Operating Systems Programmer/Analyst
  UNIX Application Services R10A
  The MITRE Corporation
  202 Burlington Road - KS101
  Bedford, MA 01730