Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] will multiplexing effect restore time

2003-09-19 09:23:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] will multiplexing effect restore time
From: Mark T Wragge" <storage AT ttt DOT ie (Mark T Wragge)
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 14:23:58 +0100

------=_NextPart_000_0027_01C37EB9.A9F45F00

I have often been told that the level of multiplexing will effect the =
restore time of a client.  We are running multiplexing of between 6 to 8 =
jobs at a time.  i would expect the restore time to be slower with this =
level of multiplexing than a restore where the multiplexing was set to =
one.  An engineer has run some tests and reported that there is not much =
difference in restore times between the multiplexed and non-multiplexed =
backups.

We are a Windows 2000 environment with LTO tape technology.

Regards, Mark

------=_NextPart_000_0027_01C37EB9.A9F45F00

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have often been told that the level =
of=20
multiplexing will effect the restore time of a client.&nbsp; We are =
running=20
multiplexing of between 6 to 8 jobs at a time.&nbsp; i would expect the =
restore=20
time to be slower with this level of multiplexing than a restore where =
the=20
multiplexing was set to one.&nbsp; An engineer has run some tests and =
reported=20
that there is not much difference in restore times between the =
multiplexed and=20
non-multiplexed backups.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>We are a Windows 2000 environment with =
LTO tape=20
technology.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Regards, =
Mark</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0027_01C37EB9.A9F45F00--