Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Drive occupation

2003-09-15 09:05:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Drive occupation
From: Nathan.Embery AT crowncastle DOT com (Embery, Nathan)
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 09:05:09 -0400
Hi,
        This may help you. This is what I use on Solaris. You'll have to
adjust it to run on w2k though I'm sure. You just need to do the vmoprmcd
parsing all in perl instead of cheating and using tail and awk like I did.

Good luck,
Nate

#!/usr/local/bin/perl
# run this from cron every 15 min

$file = "/var/tmp/dr-status";
$time = qx/date +'%H:%M'/;
if(! -e $file){
        open(FILE, ">".$file);
        print FILE "date,\nd1,\nd2,\nd3,\nd4,\nd5,\nd6,\nd7,\nd8,\n";
        close FILE;
}
@drives = qx"/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmoprcmd -d ds |\
                tail -8 | awk '{ print \$6 }'";