Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backing up to Samba Shares

2003-09-08 08:00:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backing up to Samba Shares
From: rob.fulton AT inweb.co DOT uk (Rob Fulton)
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 13:00:03 +0100
Hi,

We have a couple of Windows servers that I want to backup. We don't have
tape drives but currently use a box full of disks which are exported via
samba to the windows boxes. I am trying to use Backup Exec for Windows and
although it installs fine, when I try to create a backup folder on the
samba mount, I get an error that "The System cannot find the path
specified". I have tried mapping the drive, using the drive through My
network places and have even tried backing up to a Windows share rather
than samba, all of them return the same error. My question is has anyone
had any success with this, I am sure I was able to do this with older
versions but it now appears not to work. Alternatively can anyone recommend
any other way of doing this, I am after the cheapest possible way of
backing up a couple of Windows 2003 servers to a file that can be written
to a samba share.

Regards

Rob Fulton