Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup to disk.

2003-09-04 11:19:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup to disk.
From: ssesar AT rcn DOT com (Steven L. Sesar)
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 11:19:13 -0400
On Thursday 04 September 2003 10:14 am, Timothy Arnold wrote:
> John,
>
> Thanks for this. All very useful information.
>
> We currently run Netbackup 3.4 and it appears you cannot write to disk -
> does this mean I will have to upgrade to 4.5?

In 3.4 you can create storage groups which are comprised of disk storage
versus tape storage.

> Following your suggestion, it does sound sensible if I put the tape unit
> with the disk drives in the other building and backup to tape after all the
> backups have been completed. This would give the added bonus that I could
> backup the disks during the day as it will not affect performance of the
> network.
>
> Now all I need to do is write the proposal :)

I just got a quote for a 4TB RAID capable FC disk array for ~$8800USD (no, I'm
not a salesman ; ) ). I'm at home right now, if you're interested in more
info, email me at ssesar AT mitre DOT org, the quote is in my office.