Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup to disk.

2003-09-04 10:14:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup to disk.
From: timothy.arnold AT becta.org DOT uk (Timothy Arnold)
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 15:14:04 +0100
John,

Thanks for this. All very useful information.

We currently run Netbackup 3.4 and it appears you cannot write to disk - does
this mean I will have to upgrade to 4.5?

Following your suggestion, it does sound sensible if I put the tape unit with
the disk drives in the other building and backup to tape after all the backups
have been completed. This would give the added bonus that I could backup the
disks during the day as it will not affect performance of the network.

Now all I need to do is write the proposal :)

Thanks again!

Timothy.