Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Cannot restore - need help asap

2003-08-29 03:53:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Cannot restore - need help asap
From: Mark.Donaldson AT experianems DOT com (Donaldson, Mark)
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 01:53:11 -0600
Your command-line looks wrong.  If you're restoring images of the files
backed up from the master server to the master server, then you should be
able to do:

bprestore -L /var/tmp/logfilename -K /path/filetorestore

The "-t 0" is unnecessary, it's the default

If "/path/filetorestore" is a directory, then it'll recurse normally.  If
you intend to restore the /usr/openv directory, you're asking for a world of
hurt.  You'll have to reinstall the binaries from media & reinstall the
catalog from a backup catalog rather than using bprestore.

If your statement was intending to restore something else, then your "-L
/usr/openv" is trying to log to a directory.  You have to end the path with
a file "/usr/openv/logfile" for a "-L" logfile.

The last thing in a restore statement should be a list of filepaths to
restore or a "-f filename" where "filename" is a file-of-files (a single
file with an enclosed list of files to be restored).

HTH - Mark