Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] backupid's not expiring naturally

2003-08-27 17:39:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] backupid's not expiring naturally
From: bryan_bahnmiller AT agilent DOT com (bryan_bahnmiller AT agilent DOT com)
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 15:39:30 -0600
  That's interesting. Our catalog was growing like crazy. It was up to about
90% of the partition at 500GB. We started doing compression - small help. We
set up the CLEAN_IN_BACKGROUND - no help. I called Veritas. They referred me to
the Technote. I issued the command. Looked like nothing happened. They assured
me it would work. It apparently kicks something in the background processing on
one of the Veritas daemons. It took a couple of hours before I noticed that our
disk space utilization was going down. We now run it twice a week, and it keeps
our catalog down to about 260 GB.

    Bryan