Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] VSP wierdness

2003-08-27 11:29:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] VSP wierdness
From: jbenson AT neurome DOT com (Jon D. Benson)
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 08:29:48 -0700
Greetings

Since updating to 4.5FP_3GA I have seen some odd things and I am
wondering if it may be VSP. Last night my backup of my main file server
(Win2K-sp3) failed with an error 71 (none of the files in the file list
exist). On inspection I saw that the job was trying to backup drive G:\
-- my system doens't have a drive G:\ -- never did - never will. The
policy uses the directive ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES. The drives that do exist
were backup in separate jobs.

What might be happening here? This is a totally new thing since
configuring VSP and I have seen in occasionally with this and other
Win2K systems. Perhaps I am missing a tuning parameter in VSP? Perhaps
there is a bug in VSP? Has anyone else seen this behavior? Any thought
or ideas are alway appreciated.

Thanks
--
Jon D. Benson