Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] inject to TLD robot

2003-08-26 16:57:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] inject to TLD robot
From: WTSmith AT maine DOT edu (Wayne T Smith)
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 16:57:00 -0400
I'd like my operators to be able to return tapes from our vault, put
them in our L700e CAP, and then click a button on an intranet web page
to have the tapes injected into the robot.

Vault (solaris) 4.5's VLTOPMENU and Netbackup's VMCHANGE inject the
tapes just fine, *except* they require an operator to be logged on, run
the command, hit RETURN one or more times, and to type "q" when done.

VMCHANGE has a "-sec 1" secret option to wait only 1 second for operator
  response, but it appears effective only for ejecting tapes.

Suggestions?

cheers, wayne
--
Wayne T. Smith -- WTS AT Maine DOT edu
University of Maine System -- UNET -- Systems Software Analyst