Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Tapes eject script for NetBackup 4.5 on Windows

2003-08-15 01:46:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Tapes eject script for NetBackup 4.5 on Windows
From: glavrov AT mail DOT com (George Lavrov)
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 22:46:00 -0700

------_=_NextPart_001_01C362F0.81BD5D50

Hello fellows,

I wonder if anyone may have automated procedure / script for ejecting tapes
for NetBackup 4.5 on Windows 2000. Something like a cmd or vb script file
would be the best example, we don't have perl running...
What I am trying to achieve its to eject tapes after full level backups from
a single pool, number of policies, single library (with SSO between two
media servers). Also would be nice to know how to select tapes based on
criteria such as tape is full, retention level (2 month or a year), again
through scripting.

Any help or suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
George Lavrov
glavrov AT mail DOT com

------_=_NextPart_001_01C362F0.81BD5D50

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3DUS-ASCII">
5.5.2654.45">
<TITLE>Tapes eject script for NetBackup 4.5 on Windows </TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Hello fellows,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I wonder if anyone may have automated =
procedure / script for ejecting tapes for NetBackup 4.5 on Windows =
2000. Something like a cmd or vb script file would be the best example, =
we don't have perl running... </FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">What I am trying to achieve its to =
eject tapes after full level backups from a single pool, number of =
policies, single library (with SSO between two media servers). Also =
would be nice to know how to select tapes based on criteria such as =
tape is full, retention level (2 month or a year), again through =
scripting. </FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Any help or suggestion is greatly =
appreciated.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Cheers,</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">George Lavrov</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">glavrov AT mail DOT com</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

</BODY>
</HTML>