Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Services not shutting down

2003-08-14 23:11:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Services not shutting down
From: len.boyle AT sas DOT com (len boyle)
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 23:11:29 -0400
Well back in an old job of mine, the software user group had a term called
"BAD". Broken as designed. I suspect that this is the story here.

We have seen the same problem here. Doing one problem we had with ndmp
sessions,  a  tech support person gave me some rules for killing off the
processes for the best results, but in the heat of the battle I forgot to
write them down.

Does anyone know if veritas will take this pattern as a problem? If so what
info would help them solve the problem.

Has anyone compiled a best practices for killing off the processes?

Thanks len