Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Services not shutting down

2003-08-14 10:00:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Services not shutting down
From: Mark T Wragge" <storage AT ttt DOT ie (Mark T Wragge)
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 15:00:51 +0100
Hi,  when we run an init 5 our netbackup services are sometimes not shutting
down causing the solaris server to hang.  I try to avoid this by using the
bp.kill_all script and usually not all the services stop.  SO i run the
script again and this time they are usually stopped.  I do this when there
are no backups running.

It seems as though the services are not shutting down as quickly as they
should.  What could be possible resons for this?  Could it be related to the
size of the catalog,  we have one that is over 50 GB.

Regards,  mark