Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup restore issue ( media getting unmounted before restore happens )

2003-08-12 14:23:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup restore issue ( media getting unmounted before restore happens )
From: vartika9 AT yahoo DOT com (vartika raka)
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 11:23:02 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,

 We have following netbackup configuration
 Veritas  Netbackup ( DataCenter Edition ) - 3.2
 Solaris 8
 Library : SpectraLogic 10000 ( Sony SDX 700C Drives (
2 NO.)
 Issue: Media needed for restore getting unmounted
before restore actually happens.

 When I am trying to restore, netbackup finds, mounts,
positions media . It finds the location of files &
after that I can see " Begining restore " messages in
progress log. After 15-20 min, media gets unmounted
but restore job still remains in ACTIVE state. Media
gets unmounted before restore happens.
 Backups are happening correctly...I have tried
restores for various clients, but same issue.

 Any thoughts or hints to resolve this issue. I am not
getting any tape drive errors.

Thanks
pravin