Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Installing new Master Server , or migrate from old to new?

2003-08-08 10:29:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Installing new Master Server , or migrate from old to new?
From: mbartsch AT netglobalis DOT net (Marcelo Bartsch)
Date: 08 Aug 2003 10:29:58 -0400
Hello list,
        i'm facing a big change on my backup architecture, migrating from a
netra T1 , with one 450Mhz CPU and 256 mb ram , with a STK 9730 (2 DLT7k
drives), to a Sun E250 2 CPU 400Mhz ,1 Gb ram , and a STK 9710 with 10
DLT7k drives, so my doubt:

is better to install a new server, keep same name, install nbu with same
patch level, and copy the db directory to the new machine, or install a
new machine, new name, create the schedules again, add the new machine
as SERVER= on all bp.conf file on clients, and so on?

i'm not looking the less work solution, i'm looking for the best
solution, as i had a schedule of 1 month to make all the migration, so
make it fast is not the point, but a mix will be great (less work, good
results) :)

Any guidance from all the nbu admins around will be really apreciated ,
even url pointing me to message on this list, or veritas site. :)

TIA!

--
   Marcelo Bartsch
mbartsch AT netglobalis DOT net

PGP Fingerprint :
877E 3A56 F523 B44A 3260  8F83 8916 E158 6100 F721