Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Write protected tapes ?

2003-08-01 13:47:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Write protected tapes ?
From: mjeikenberry AT bpa DOT gov (Eikenberry, Marcus - CIDS-2)
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 10:47:46 -0700
Terry,  I have found that sometimes our master server will say that the tapes
are available to use but the media server will still think there is data on the
tapes.  So it will not allow them to be written to. We have solved this problem
by manually scratching the tapes by deleting them from both the master and
media servers.

We use about 300 to 400 tapes a week and I find 5 or 6 of these that we need to
do weekly. I'm not sure if this is the answer to your problem or not.  Hope it
helps though.

Marcus Eikenberry
Server Operations
United States Department of Energy