Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NDMP from NetApps to Disk Storage Pools - possible?

2003-08-01 11:50:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NDMP from NetApps to Disk Storage Pools - possible?
From: stoffel AT lucent DOT com (John Stoffel)
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 11:50:57 -0400
Hi all,

I've got a question that those of you running NBU 4.5, NetApp and NDMP
might be able to answer for me.  Basically, instead of dedicating a
tape drive to NDMP duty, can we just direct the backups to a disk
storage pool instead?  Then we'll use Vault to push the data to tape
later one.  We're planning on pushing all backups to disk first, then
Vault to tape, but instead of NFS mounting the NetApps (we're primary
an NFS shop for them), it would be better for us to use NDMP so we can
start using them for NT file service and make sure we save the NT ACLs
properly.

We're starting to deploy a new setup here, and I'm much more of a
Legato person, and not too familiar with some of the intricacies of
NBU and NDMP.

Thanks,
John
   John Stoffel - Senior Unix Systems Administrator - Lucent Technologies
         stoffel AT lucent DOT com - http://www.lucent.com - 978-399-0479