Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Write protected tapes ?

2003-08-01 01:24:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Write protected tapes ?
From: terry.newnham AT showads.com DOT au (Terry Newnham)
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2003 15:24:10 +1000
Hi

The netbackup/robot arrangement normally runs like a bomb; except for
one thing: The robot is reporting that about half-a-dozen tapes are
write-protected and is consequently refusing to use them. The tapes are
not write protected, but the robot/software insists that they are.

We normally put in brand new tapes but it is possible that some were
recycled from a different application. Could this be causing this stange
effect ?

Terry

the administrator at administrator AT pmpdigital.com DOT au
for the presence of computer viruses, inappropriate content and
security issues, although we try our best to check for these errors
please scan all messages yourself.
PMP Digital Pty Ltd