Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] FORCE_RESTORE_MEDIA_SERVER weirdness

2003-07-30 13:15:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] FORCE_RESTORE_MEDIA_SERVER weirdness
From: RMarkham AT hafeleamericas DOT com (Markham, Richard)
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 13:15:22 -0400
Server crashed, had to reinstall OS then installed
base netbackup client.Since server was a media manager,
I am using FORCE_RESTORE_MEDIA_SERVER = oldhost newhost
in Master servers bp.conf.  Restore initiates and
completes sucessfully accoring to activity monitor.
The problem is that the files are getting restored onto
the master server instead of using the master server
as the tape drive controller during the restore.  Unless,
I am miss understanding here???  The source and destination
are set to the server in which I am rebuilding and it is
currently not a media manager.....

TIA

Vertias NB 3.4.2
Solaris 8