Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] help

2003-07-29 18:41:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] help
From: Sandy.Elrick AT gdcanada DOT com (Elrick, Sandy)
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 16:41:55 -0600
I am having troubles re-patching my Vertias 3.4.5 installation on Windows
2000 Advanced Server SP4.

Exchange 2000 SP4 was recently installed.

I installed the 3.4.1 Exchange DB add-on.

I am now trying to re-patch to 3.4.5.

Here is the installation error:

LOCAL MACHINE: INFO - Checking file:C:\Program
Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\Bin\nbwin.exe.
LOCAL MACHINE: INFO - Adding 0 services for service: NetBackup INET Daemon
LOCAL MACHINE: INFO - Adding 0 services for service: MSExchangeMGMT
LOCAL MACHINE: INFO - Adding 0 services for service: WinMgmt
LOCAL MACHINE: ERROR - Service will not stop: WinMgmt
LOCAL MACHINE: ERROR - Unable to stop services. Pack will not be installed.

The system fails to stop the following services:

Windows Management Instrumentation
Windows Management Instrumentation Driver Extensions

The event viewer shows:

Source:         WinMgmt
Event ID:       42

WMI ADAP was unable to create object
Win32_PerfRawData_DAVEX_ExchangeServerHTTPExtensions for Performance Library
DAVEX because no value was found for property index 7374 in the 009 subkey

Anyone have ideas?

Thanks