Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Error 84 again

2003-07-24 03:38:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Error 84 again
From: jredelinghuys AT stortech.co DOT za (Johan Redelinghuys)
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 09:38:19 +0200
Hi

Netbackup 4.5, MP3 on W2K. 3 x SSO LTO drives. 3 x media servers connected to
these drives. SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS = 65536, NUMBER_DATA_BUFFERS = 64 on all three
media servers.
Backups run fine on two of the servers, but we get intermitted error 84's on
the third server. A backup will fail on this server with error 84, but run fine
on the same server, a little later. Same tape used.
Can not be the drives, as the other servers use the same drives without any
errors. Just error 84 on this server.

Any ideas where we can start to troubleshoot.

We replaced the fiber cable without any change. Qligic 23xx HBA's.

Johan Redelinghuys
Storage Technology Services
Tel:            +27 11 808-6086
Fax:            +27 11 808-6210
Mobile:         +27 82 459 1091
Email:              JRedelinghuys AT stortech.co DOT za
Website:        www.stortech.co.za