Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] F_UNLCK failed

2003-07-18 11:28:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] F_UNLCK failed
From: ShermJo AT exchange.ML DOT com (Sherman, John (MLIM))
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 11:28:50 -0400
Marcus,

I am guessing here, but is this the situation where you would use the
LOCKED_FILE_ACTION=SKIP directive in your bp.conf ?

We have Essbase in our shop and it will lock files ( a lower case l (ell)  will
be present when viewing the permissions on a particular file ); the man page
refers to it as "mandatory locking" on a
SUN server; before we specified this, our backup would hang and not complete; I
am guessing that F_UNLCK is File_UNLoCK. Am I close ? Do you have files that
are locked ?

Sorry if this is off base .....

john