Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netapp Ontap 6.4.1 and Veritas Netbackup 4.5

2003-07-16 21:59:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netapp Ontap 6.4.1 and Veritas Netbackup 4.5
From: Moshe.Linzer AT nsc DOT com (Moshe Linzer)
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 04:59:48 +0300
We recently upgraded our Netapp filers (760 cluster) to 6.4.1 and were
surprised to discover that NBU stopped working for incremental NDMP backups.
We are able to run full backups successfully.  Tried setting the filer to ndmp
ver 3, with the same results.  Is anybody running NBU with 6.4.1?
I would rather avoid the pain of downgrading.  Veritas does not officially
support 6.4.1 yet (6.4R1D18 is there most recent supported release), so
they have not been much help.

Thanks,

Moshe

Moshe Linzer                     | On the Internet,
IT Manager                       |
National Semiconductor, Israel   |        nobody knows you're a moron.
Phone: 972-9-970-2247            |
Fax: 972-9-970-2001              |                     - Network Magazine
Email: Moshe.Linzer AT nsc DOT com      |