Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Redhat 9

2003-07-16 11:39:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Redhat 9
From: SamYangsao AT fairisaac DOT com (Yangsao, Sam)
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 10:39:52 -0500
I know 4.5 supports it since I am running 4.5 and backing up 2003
clients in another site.  As for 3.4, many of us I'm sure have not
upgraded, and I can't find any compatibility doc stating that 2003 is
supported.

I also called Veritas support and that was the doc that they suggested I
use to check to see if it is supported, but it's not there.  From what I
hear from our Veritas rep, 3.4 support will be EOL around April '04.

Just a little concerned, since my NT guru's want to go to the latest and
greatest, and whether or not it is supported for 3.4, it would be a
great justification for me to go to 4.5 if it is not.

Thanks!