Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup DataCenter 4.5 Solaris / SSO / Silkworm 3800

2003-07-09 10:08:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup DataCenter 4.5 Solaris / SSO / Silkworm 3800
From: dritschel62 AT yahoo DOT com (Douglas Ritschel)
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 07:08:45 -0700 (PDT)
I just installed a Brocade Silkworm 3800 in our
environment. So far, I left the silkworm at it's
defaults. I have three NetBackup 4.5 media servers
(the Master and two Media servers). Each of these
three servers has three fibre cards connected to the
Brocade Switch.

On the Master Server, sgscan sees three sets 6 of the
ITO drives in our L700. One set of 6 for each fibre
card. Since we only have 6 ITO drives, I'm trying to
figure out the best way to set this up? Should I
create 3 zones, each containing 2 drives and one fibre
card connection? Or can I trunk the three fibre cards
and give the trunk access to all 6 drives?