Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] exclude lists on win03

2003-07-08 10:46:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] exclude lists on win03
From: Eric.Shafto AT drkw DOT com (Shafto, Eric)
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 10:46:21 -0400
I'm guessing it has to do with capturing multiple file streams.  Observe:

C:\> echo hello > ttt
C:\> echo goodbye > ttt:a
C:\> more < ttt
hello
C:\> more < ttt:a
goodbye
C:\> dir tt*

Directory of C:\

07/08/2003  10:32a                     8 ttt

A little-used but nice feature of ntfs. I understand it made the
implementation of Services for Macintosh much easier.

However, I am not aware of any syntax for referring to all streams by using
a :\ after the filename, so either that is Veritas's own syntax or I am
mistaken and this has nothing to do with multiple file streams.