Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Symbolic link

2003-07-31 21:37:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Symbolic link
From: robert AT softsource.com DOT sg (Robert Loh)
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 09:37:16 +0800

------_=_NextPart_001_01C357CD.708298A8

Hi All,

Having gone through the NetBackup Admin guide for unix saying that it
doesn't support symbolic link, wondering the reason why ? because to prevent
netbackup backing up data repeatedly.

My scenario here is I just want to backup a set of files follow the symbolic
link but no the whole data directory. Is that a way to go about it ?

Cheers...
Robert

------_=_NextPart_001_01C357CD.708298A8

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2650.12">
<TITLE>Symbolic link</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Hi All,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Having gone through the NetBackup Admin guide for =
unix saying that it doesn't support symbolic link, wondering the reason =
why ? because to prevent netbackup backing up data =
repeatedly.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>My scenario here is I just want to backup a set of =
files follow the symbolic link but no the whole data directory. Is that =
a way to go about it ?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Cheers...</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Robert</FONT>
</P>