Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RedHat 9.0 Client Backup Problems

2003-06-30 11:32:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RedHat 9.0 Client Backup Problems
From: cfeskens AT willamette DOT edu (Casey J Feskens)
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 08:32:24 -0700 (PDT)
On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, Briscoe, Brian (B.) wrote:

> Looking on the Veritas Support site I cannot find anything on whether RedHat
> 9 is supported, but I'm hoping somebody out there can help.......

Brian,

A couple people (including myself) have been trying to get NetBackup
running on RH9 to no avail.  The hardware support matrix mentions
support for RH8, but RH9 is not listed as supported, even up to
NB4.5mp4.  Last I heard, a Veritas rep mentioned that RH9 support will
be included in an upcoming service pack.

I had to take my client back to RH8.

Take care,

Casey Feskens <cfeskens AT willamette DOT edu>
System Administrator/Network Svcs. Consultant
Willamette University, Salem, OR