Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] rookie question about old'ish restores

2003-06-25 13:43:43
Subject: [Veritas-bu] rookie question about old'ish restores
From: jtaylor AT ithaca DOT edu (Jeremy Taylor)
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 13:43:43 -0400
Okay so thankfully I haven't had to do many restores, yet....  today I
get to try to restore a large amount of data off media that has passed
its retention date and is no longer in the catalog database.  I guess I
need to "rebuild" the catalogs from that tape?  I know which tape the
data is on but I need to be able to navigate to and restore a subset of
directories from that tape etc.

So my question is what is the procedure to regenerate catalogs from
media that has passed its retention period??

I would like to do this via either the master server GUI or client GUI
if possible.  All Sol8 environment running NB DC 4.5.

Thanks in advance,

-Jeremy