Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] IDR for Win2k SP3

2003-06-25 04:20:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] IDR for Win2k SP3
From: Simon.WEAVER AT astrium-space DOT com (WEAVER, Simon)
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 09:20:01 +0100
Hi guys
Setup: Master / Media Server with NBU 3.4 Patch 4 applied on all boxes, on
NT4 SP6a Platform.

We are now introducing Windows 2000 Servers running SP3, and I am therefore
backing them up successfully!
Yesterday I tried to use the IDR Prep Wizard in order to make the relevant
bootable CD! The servers are HP Proliant G2 servers!

Bad news was that it appears NBU 3.4 does not support a bootable CD for
Windows 2000, only NT 4.0
So I created the 4 boot disks and the IDR Recovery Diskette!

After rebooting the Server and inserting all the disks, I was then prompted
to insert the Win2k CD, which I done. Upon pressing return I get the message
"Set-up did not find any hard drives installed in your computer". It is a
basic Win2k SETUP message, and simply put, setup does not continue!

The IDR disks were created on this specific server. But does anyone know if
IDR does not work correctly with these latest servers! They also run the
latest smart start version 6.x (made by HP).

Does anyone have a clue what I may be overlooking!?

I am going to re-create the disks again in an attempt to troubleshoot this
more! I will also try another Server running Win2k!

Simon Weaver
NT Domain Administrator
Ext. 5544
Tel: 02392-705544 (Direct Dial)
Simon.Weaver AT Astrium-Space DOT com

If you have received it in error then you must not use, retain, disseminate
or otherwise deal with it.  Please notify the sender by return email.
The views of the author may not necessarily constitute the views of Astrium
Limited.
Nothing in this email shall bind Astrium Limited in any contract or obligation.