Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Schduled Full backup doesn't run

2003-06-24 06:26:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Schduled Full backup doesn't run
From: ekorkodilos AT cptech DOT com (Emmanuel Korkodilos)
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 06:26:57 -0400
Most common error I see that causes this is frequency.

Check your frequency. For example. If I have an open window of Sundays 1 am
to 8 am and a frequency of 1 week. The backup failed last Sunday, so I come
in on Monday morning then run the Full backup manually, it will be 2 Sundays
before the frequency requirement has been fullfilled. If I don't know this,
then next Sunday comes along, A full backup doesn't start, so on Monday, I
Run the backup manually again, it will be another 2 weeks before the
frequency requirements are met.

I always recommend setting the frequency for 1 day on Fulls, but have the
ONLY open window be on the day you really want the automatic Full backup to
happen. This will allow you to make Full backups throughout the week without
messing up the frequency thing.

Better yet, if you can upgrade to NBU 4.5, then switch to calendar based
backups and this issue goes away.

Hope this helps.

-Manny

Emmanuel Korkodilos