Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] available_media givies wrong info

2003-06-23 14:11:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] available_media givies wrong info
From: ddunham AT taos DOT com (Darren Dunham)
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 11:11:02 -0700 (PDT)
> Hi All,
>  i am facing a strange situation.
> I am running NB4.5 with MP3 on SOlaris 7 as Master
> Server. When i run available_media command on Master
> server, it lists the media status.
> but strangely on some volume pools , on some media, it
> gives status column as "DBBACKUP"
> but when i check thro jnbSA , it shows the status
> correctly. I am able to read the contents of the tape
> and also able to restore/backup using that media.
> any clue on this????
> Thanks in Advance
>
> Regds
> Navadeepan
> Unix Administrator

Hmm.  There's this fix for the available_media script.  The fix is for
3.1.1, but apparantly is needed in 3.2 and 3.4.  I just looked on a 4.5
machine and the fix isn't on it either.

I imagine not all servers need the fix to function properly, but I've
worked with some that definitely did.

Unix System Administrator                    Taos - The SysAdmin Company