Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NT/WIN2K FTP&Backup throughput

2003-06-23 12:36:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NT/WIN2K FTP&Backup throughput
From: DMoses AT leviton DOT com (Moses, Darby)
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 12:36:26 -0400
Ahh ok!!! Thanks.

Thanks,
Darby Moses
Operations
Leviton Mfg.

-----Original Message-----
From: Quarantine [mailto:Quarantine AT GSCCCA DOT ORG]
Sent: Monday, June 23, 2003 12:29 PM
To: 'David Chapa'; Moses, Darby; Quarantine; veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn
DOT edu
Subject: RE: [Veritas-bu] NT/WIN2K FTP&Backup throughput

I wouldn't think the 15K/1K difference would be that large, but David is
pointing you in the right direction with tuning.  I guess I really didn't
completely answer your question by not mentioning tuning.  There are
**lots** of things that affect backup speeds.  Whatever you do, you generally
can't compare one application type to another.  Comparing FTP and NBU is apples
and oranges.  Comparing similar applications like ArcServe and NBU is valid,
though.

Matt