Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NT/WIN2K FTP&Backup throughput

2003-06-23 12:28:56
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NT/WIN2K FTP&Backup throughput
From: Quarantine AT GSCCCA DOT ORG (Quarantine)
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 12:28:56 -0400
I wouldn't think the 15K/1K difference would be that large, but David is
pointing you in the right direction with tuning.  I guess I really didn't
completely answer your question by not mentioning tuning.  There are
**lots** of things that affect backup speeds.  Whatever you do, you
generally can't compare one application type to another.  Comparing FTP and
NBU is apples and oranges.  Comparing similar applications like ArcServe and
NBU is valid, though.

Matt