Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Upgrading the OS on NetBackup media server

2003-06-23 08:50:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Upgrading the OS on NetBackup media server
From: jack.l.forester AT lmco DOT com (Jack L. Forester)
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 08:50:28 -0400
Let me make sure I read this correctly...you want to upggrade from
Solaris 2.6 to Solaris 8 and as a result, you have to reinstall NBU?

That seems a bit extreme to have to reinstall your application software
after upgrading the OS.  Is this a 2.6 -> 8 thing or does NBU have to be
reinstalled on a Solaris 8 to Solaris 9 upgrade as well?  I ask, because
we are considering upgrading our media server clusters to Solaris 9.