Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Patching HPUX client

2003-06-22 17:52:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Patching HPUX client
From: larry.kingery AT veritas DOT com (Larry Kingery)
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 17:52:03 -0400 (EDT)
> We're a predominantly Windows environment; My master and media
> servers are W2K SP3.  In Unix, I know sh, ll, pwd, cat, and vi..
> Basically enough to look around a little.
>
> We got the NetBackup 4.5GA client installed and working on a HPUX
> 11.00 server.  For the sake of patching, I'd like to get it to MP4.
> I downloaded NB_45_4_M_256987.hp_ux.tar, and extracted its contents
> to /usr/openv/netbackup/temp/ When I run Vrts_pack.install, and type
> NB_45_4_M when prompted, it says: "ERROR: No readable product
> version file was found, please verify the version file exists and
> that this pack is appropriate for this system."
>
> The version file (/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/version) exists, and
> contains "NetBackup-HP-UX11.00 4.5GA".  I'm not sure that the pack
> is appropriate.  I am under the impression that I don't use
> NB_CLT_45_4_M.tar.  Any advice?

The version file is in netbackup/ on servers and netbackup/bin on
clients, and you're trying to install the server patch on a client,
hence the version file missing message.  You want to be installing the
client (CLT) patch.

And they ARE cumulative, so you just need MP4 (assuming that's the
level of the master/media servers).

--
Larry Kingery
            Budget: A method for going broke methodically.