Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Vault Catalog Issue

2003-06-20 03:50:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Vault Catalog Issue
From: scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com (scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com)
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 02:50:57 -0500
--=_alternative 002B21DC86256D4B_=

You can do a restore in a DR without the MediaDB's from the media servers.
 I, personally, don't like manually adding volumes into my VolDB in a
DR... and if you're also going to do backups, a newly added (and
unassigned) tape could get accidentally overwritten.

If it were me, I would forget about the media servers for the vault
catalog backups (at least until this is fixed), but add the
volmgr/database entry back in.

- Scott

"Greg Campbell" <gcampbell AT rgv.rr DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
06/19/2003 10:09 PM