Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Vault Catalog Issue

2003-06-19 23:09:35
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Vault Catalog Issue
From: gcampbell AT rgv.rr DOT com (Greg Campbell)
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 22:09:35 -0500
I have a NetBackup 4.5 MP4 system running Win2000 on the master and 37 media
servers. The problem I am running into deals with vaulting the catalog. I
seem to have run into a maximum string length issue for the bpbackupdb
command. If the length of the command plus the paths to the catalog files
exceed 2000 characters the catalog vault fails. A total length less than
2000 completes successfully. Veritas tech support has had me remove the
paths to the Netbackup\var and the VolMgr\database directories to reduce
this length while thay are investigating the problem. My question is has
anyone else ran into this problem with Vault? If so what did you do about
it? Just getting a partial backup of the catalog does not seem to be the
answer.