Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Raw backups for windows?

2003-06-19 08:04:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Raw backups for windows?
From: david AT chapa DOT net (David A. Chapa)
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 07:04:00 -0500
Yes.

NBU backs up the NT/2000 logical drive as an image, bit by bit and not
walking the file system.

Caveats:

1.  The schedule type must be FULL, any other type will not work.
2.  Any open files will cause it to fail, since it tries to lock the
lock the logical drive
3.  Make sure nothing is running such as Win Explorer, etc.  This will
cause problems.

Give this a try in your file list for that windows client.

\\.\c:

To backup drive C for instance.