Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Upgrading the OS on NetBackup media server

2003-06-18 11:21:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Upgrading the OS on NetBackup media server
From: ladydi <ladydi AT virginia DOT edu> (Diane M. Meeker)
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 11:21:16 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
Hi List,

We are planning to upgrade one of our media servers from Solaris 2.6 to Solaris
8.
This will require a reinstallation of NetBackup 4.5 and also a patch install to
MP4.
That piece seems straight forward enough.

However, I am not certain how I should proceed with getting the media server's
database
and image pieces back.  My plan is to do something like the following:

 - We currently backup (via the NetBackup catalog) the following pieces from
the media server:

      /usr/openv/var
      /usr/openv/netbackup/db
      /usr/openv/volmgr/databases

 - If I (after the NetBackup install and patching) run a bprecover of the
following files,
   will my environment be back to what it was prior to the OS upgrade?  Are we
missing files? I
   realize I will have to save my bp.conf and other customizations, etc.  My
big concern is being
   able to run restores from images that were run on this media server prior to
the upgrade.

Diane Meeker

--
Diane Meeker           ladydi AT virginia DOT edu
University of Virginia        434-924-4182